Thursday, September 10, 2015

Test Reflection Freebie

Hey guys, we recently completed our first assessment on making inferences. After the assessment I wanted my students to reflect on their performance and think about the questions that they answered incorrectly. I wanted them to try to uncover where their thinking began to struggle that way when they are faced with a similar problem, they will be more likely to get it correct. So I created this test reflection activity!


After the assessment was graded, I wrote specific feedback on their tests. Then I provided time for students to look at their feedback. Following this time, I went over the test and I modeled my thinking for answering all of the questions. I cannot stress how important it is to model how to think about problems is! It may seem like this is something students know exactly how to do and it should come natural, but  you would be surprised about how many students are clueless when it comes to thinking about a question. After I modeled a question, I would provide think time for the students that answered the question incorrectly and a chance for them to record their reflection on why they missed that question and a note about what they are going to do in the future to prevent having this problem again. The students loved this because it REQUIRED them to THINK ABOUT THEIR LEARNING! At the end of the activity and reviewing all of the test questions, we did a round table discussion of what we learned from taking this test and how we are going to improve next time.

To download this freebie, go to my Teachers Pay Teachers store or click the following link:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Test-Review-Activity-2085915

Hope you enjoy!
Chasity

No comments:

Post a Comment